If the cats were awake instead of napping I’d have snapped a pic of one of them yawning, appearing like a lion roaring. But alas no. Sleep sleep sleep. Occasional bath, sleep. I went to our local antique show yesterday. It’s getting pretty sad. I came home empty handed, wasn’t even tempted to buy anything. hjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjdfsssssssx (Ruby just added to the post. Anyone know what she typed? I’m clueless.)
Knitting Hubby is feeling a bit better. Still painful but his little bit of range of motion is better. Thanks for the well wishes!
Forgot to mention the little challenges to myself. I have that approx 3.8 oz of the crayon colored BFL I’m spinning on the Lendrum DT. With the intent of spinning it very very fine. I tried this last time I spun and by the time I got to bobbin #2 I’d forgotten the challenge and spun it my normal sock weight single (for 2 ply sock yarn). Will someone please remind me to spin my 2nd bobbin of this BFL very very fine!?!?! And no yarn or roving purchases during Lent. So far so good on that one.
Graham is studying hard for finals this coming week. His grades this quarter will determine whether he graduates from Seattle U Magna Cum Laude or Summa Cum Laude in June. We might go out with him to Boston early next month so he can talk to professors at MIT and we can visit Boston. I haven’t been to Boston since the early 1970’s. So we’re thinking a day for Graham to visit with faculty, a day to visit campus and a day to wonder around like tourists.
- Things I like about spring:
- I love DST. I know many people do not. I could stand it all year round. I’d rather have that extra hour of light after work.
- The dark blue skies at 8pm tonight. That elusive dark blue black that I can never seem to reproduce in water colors or even capture correctly in a photograph. Indigo like light.
- The happy thought that our local farmers market opens the first Saturday in May.
- The happy thought that if this stupid wind ever quits I’ll be riding my Vespa every day to work and that makes me happy at work.
- This spring? Graham graduating from college. Wow that was a fast ride!
- Drying laundry outside.
- Summer Keen’s. Nuff said.
- Our house begins to get a little natural lighting before summer gets here and the nice direct light gets hot and then hidden behind a berm behind our house.
- Things I am not too fond of about spring:
- Winds like today – 25-35 mph sustained since last night with gusts up in the 50 mphs. Winds like this anywhere else and they’d be calling it an emergency. Here it is called spring.
- Just glad that I don’t have an office with a window when spring is in the air…
- That cabin fever thing. I cracked up when I saw this at LOL Cats. Cabin fever at its finest! (you all know this reference don’t you??)